Saturday, May 27, 2006

Elephant Dreams

Being a fan of Blender and its community, I've just watched Elephant Dreams. It's like a film with bad acting. Rather reminded me of that other free animation film featuring a cute robot alone in a space station, with some kind of guard robot chasing it. It was really boring.

Elephant Dreams' character animations remind me of the Plumber short film, which was actually rather good, very funny. I just wish that they'd improvised ED with real actors first.

Okay. It sucks. Sorry. Show me some open source that works. Thanks.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I beg your pardon? Look at a freeze-frame of those computer-generated human heads. Don't they look quite realistic? I think it's fantastic that computers, and to that end, free and open source software, is able to produce that level of quality.

I don't think it was about the story. It was about the quality of graphics that can be achieved with OSS. The people who made it were not script-writers or story-tellers, they were programmers, with a budget. And I think they did very well. Besides, if you think deeply enough about the story you can come to some profound interpretations. The surrealism of it was also very fun.